Today I read something that made me think hard. It was a great piece of advice from one of the characters of the book I’m currently reading to his son and nephew. It said something about staying true to your heart and respecting authority without following blindly. It also spoke about never thinking anyone is superior to you, no matter of positions of power or social class. I loved the advice. We, as human beings are a very insecure species. We worry about doing what others think is right. We try to fit in somewhere. And even if we like to stand out, we do it because we care what others think. I think I will reach total freedom of thought when I really don’t care about what society thinks is right. But then I will have no purpose because I don’t care about society. And everything is involved in society. I have to involve myself in my surroundings to be able to live, survive. So I have to live with other people. I have to mingle with the rest of the people. Being that as it is, I have to think about what other people think is correct because if I don’t then I wouldn’t be able to survive in the world, in society. Yes, I hate this conclusion but it’s the truth. I have to dress properly and speak the right way. I have to be nice to others and try to look pretty. Why look pretty? Well its simple. People react better to you when they like what they see. It’s all about perception. Yes, as shallow as I may sound, you will surely succeed if people like what they see when they look at you.
So, even if you don’t want to care about what the people around you think or expect from you, the sad truth is you have to. You need to, if you want to live in the world. Unless you want to move into a cave and live away from the world. I think maybe I would try that if I didn’t have a kid, just to see what it is like to live guilt free without worries and without stupid laws and rules. I can imagine myself living in the wild, next to a creek, hunting for food and climbing trees for fruits. I would run naked. No worries about anyone seeing my body. I would make some kind of shelter if I can’t find a cave or I would make a door if I did find the cave. The door would be so no predators come in and eat me while I’m sleeping. That would be interesting. To have to learn to live on my own literally with no one to talk to… If I’m crazy right now, how much crazier could I get? Maybe I would start talking to the trees. Or I would just become mute from not talking. I don’t think that’s possible. I talk way too much to go mute. I’ll probably start talking to trees and animals.
Ok. So going back to the great advice I read. I think the world would be such a great place if people actually respected authority but didn’t follow blindly after the first person who said something they liked. For example, Christian fanatics (no offense to anyone, it’s just the way I think) go and believe any story about a magical being making impossible things happen and give their pastor their money because “the bible says you have to tithe and give make sacrifices.” Another example would be fanatics of politics. They vote for whatever candidate is representing their political party and they follow that party because their parents did so and that’s how they grew up. My grandmother is one of those political fanatics. So is my father. 90% of my family is either political or Christian fanatics. They follow blindly after some kind of doctrine. It’s frustrating to see.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario